Alpha Media – Myrtle Beach has an exciting opportunity to join our Programming team for CHR/Top 40 – ENERGY 92.1 for future openings. In the future, we will be selectively searching for the right On Air Personality who has big ideas and plenty of creativity and hustle to bring to the team. Must be able to relate to a younger female audience, be crazy with social media, have some knowledge of web posting. Also has to be ready to live and breathe the radio station and be ready to go out and interact with listeners at remotes and station events. And of course, have great “ENERGY.”
If you have a talent for engaging the local community and helping your station stand out from the pack, this could be the ideal fit for you. Our culture is built on support, collaboration, career development and energy. At Alpha Media, we pride ourselves on being the fastest growing media company that also thinks and acts like a “start up.” We have a passion for generating great local content for our radio and digital products and we strongly encourage innovation and uniqueness for our brands.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 51 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local in every market and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- The ability to entertain, inform, and connect with the local community to maximize ratings performance.
- Be a student of hot topics that are relevant to our target audience.
- Generate ideas, concepts, and segments along with the Program Director to distinguish our brand and engage our listeners.
- Assist in the branding of the station via music, imaging, social media, and special events.
- Conduct on-air interviews with Hollywood and music celebrities.
- Serve as Master of Ceremonies for public and/or private events.
- Broadcast live from remote locations.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
- Have a passion for serving our local community.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- Possess a great attitude, and be a positive influence on the team.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients at live events.
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Must be comfortable with Selector, a control board, remote broadcasting and other related studio software and equipment.
- Must be creative, innovative, and have original thought in the performance of on-air duties.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and could have a big impact in this type of environment, submit your cover letter, resume, references, recommendation letters, and current air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button below.
Email your resume and demo to Zack at [email protected]
You may also mail the same to:
Alpha Media – Myrtle Beach
ATTN: Zack Williams
1016 Ocala Street
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
Alpha Media is willing as a community service to accept the placement of students as unpaid interns from various colleges and universities in order to assist them in obtaining practical experience in the broadcasting industry;
Whereas, the school desires to have its students receive practical training and experience with the station in the public broadcasting industry for which the school will give credit hours to its students; and
Whereas, the student desires to receive school credit and practical training and experience in the public broadcasting industry.
IT IS THEREFORE AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
- Under the terms of this agreement the station agrees to provide practical experience and training in the field of broadcasting for the student as an unpaid intern for the term indicated above. No representations or promises of employment are made in this agreement. Furthermore, no representations or promises of further practical training beyond the term have been made by the company or station to the student. It is understood and agreed that the student is not an employee, agent, or independent contractor for the company or the station.
- The student shall (a) abide by all safety rules of the company and station (b) abide by all codes of conduct as outlined in the company handbook (c) put forth their best efforts into receiving the training and cooperate with and follow the instructions of the stations management (d) keep all company information confidential, including but not limited to data received, trade secrets or any other confidential business information received by the student.
- Station does not promise the student any particular area of training and the type of training provided shall be at the stations sole discretion.
- The student is aware and understands that the school will coordinate the placement of interns with the company. The student agrees to waive any and all claims, including claims of negligence, that he/she may have which may arise against the station or company, its officers, agents or employees in connection with the internship program and his/her participation.
- All parties acknowledge and agree that the internship program is voluntarily conducted by the company, and the position of the student is that of an intern. It is agreed that (a) the student is responsible for all of his/her personal expenses (b) the student is not entitled to receive any salary, wage, or pay of any type (c) the student is not eligible for any company benefits that may otherwise be available to current employees of the company (d) company does not guarantee the product, outcome, benefit, or training experience of the student’s internship.
- The company, station, school, or student may terminate this agreement at anytime with written notice to all parties involved within 1 (one) business day.
- Student is required to provide (a) letter of interest (b) resume or application (c) letter from advisor or professor with specifics regarding the internship program (d) school contact information, prior to the first day of the term. Required information needs to be submitted to Jennifer Brummett, Promotions Director Alpha Media, 1016 Ocala Street. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Student affirms that he/she is at least 18 years of age and that all statements herein are true. Student authorizes Alpha Media to check his/her references and academic information as required for the application process. The student certifies that he/she is able to receive academic credit for this internship and understands that if placed in an internship, he/she must be receiving academic credit for the duration of the term. The student also understands that Alpha Media internships are unpaid and that Alpha Media makes no guarantee of future employment or payment of any kind.
***Student is required to provide:
(a) letter of interest
(b) resume or application
(c) letter from advisor or professor with specifics regarding the internship program
(d) school contact information, prior to the first day of the term
CLICK HERE FOR AN INTERNSHIP APPLICATION ,
All completed applications can be sent to:
1016 Ocala Street
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
o: 843.448.1041 ext 244